~ Namaste and welcome. My name is Sadanand ~
If you would like to be in touch with me about this website, you can send an email to: [email protected]
I was born and raised in a spiritual commune in the NetherlandsThis commune explored several eclectic spiritual movements until it separated in a natural way after 18 years. I was 19 years old when that happened.. Afterwards, I travelled and worked abroad for a few yearsAmong all kind of other jobs, I worked in tourism as a tour guide on adventurous tours in Brazil, Africa and Mexico., completed two studiesThe studies that I completed are Social Geography with a focus on development and environmental studies and Tourism. and lived in a couple ashram communities. Between 2005 and 2023, I have spend every year at least a few months in India.
Below, I briefly introduce my teachers and sources of inspiration. Additionally, I share a few words on how I like to share Astrology Readings.
I started to study Jyotish (Vedic Astrology) while I was recovering from some reoccuring health issues. Somehow I found myself on a mission to understand their karmic background and starting looking for remedies to help grasping the deeper lessons behind the disease. In this way I wanted to make sure that the deeper karmic roots that caused the illness in the first place would be removed.
Courses & Sources
- At first I completed this 300-hour long course in Ayurvedic Astrology from Pandit Vamadeva Shastri (Dr. David Frawley). Though it did not provide me with clear answers for my quest, the course gave me a solid base in both Ayurveda and Vedic Astrology.
- More clarity in the depth of this astrology came while studying books and virtually all online sources of Pandit Sanjay Rath and his excellent student Vistiji.
- Especially Vistiji’s Health and Illness Course provided more clarity on disease diagnosis and remedies in general. Here I found appropriate sattvic Vedic remedies that really help treating the issues on various levels.
- Being deeply inspired by this 500-year old lineage of astrologers, I am very grateful that I am participating now in three of their 5-year courses, the Parāśara Jyotiṣa course, Mantra Sāstra and second year of their Jaimini Scholar Program.
The here mentioned lineage started with Shri Achyutānanda Das. This wise seer visited this earth in the 16th century and excelled in many spiritual disciplines, among which Jyotish, Ayurveda and Yoga.
I am grateful to continue to deepen my knowledge and stay ever-learning and fresh in this wide field. Vedic Astrology is part of a Vedic Vedanga. Hence, it is a comprehensive study encompassing countless scriptures and spiritual teachings that take many lifetimes to master completely.
Seeing how much I could help others with offering astrology readings, I was inspired by friends and family to start sharing consultations. It is a joy to help others through this fascinating field of knowledge.
My wider inspiration in Indian spirituality comes from my upbringing in a spiritual commune and from my Guru Amma. She gave me the name Sadanand, which is now commonly used by relatives and friends. The meaning of this Sanskrit name is: Eternal Bliss.
I would like to mention here that in my astrological readings, I use the guidance of my Jyotish teachers as mentioned above. I include herein my own intuition and knowledge. In the readings that I am offering here, I do not act as a representative of Amma’s organisation.
My astrology readings can shine light on various realms of life. I am very happy to tune into your wishes and questions.
Many people associate astrology with predicting the future and personality types. I am happy to use these features whenever they serve our capability to make most of a present moment.
Understanding past and predicting the future should ~ in my humble perspective ~ serve us practically to make most of every present moment. I am not against predicting events for merely the fun of it.
However, I see so often an abundance of potential to use a reading in more uplifting and constructive ways. Therefore, I prefer to share more about the fields that are also very practical and profound in Vedic astrology, like:
- Soul’s purpose,
- Disease diagnosis and remedies,
- Awakening hidden talents,
- Opportunities to transcend negative tendencies,
- Remedies to fulfill heartfelt desires,
- Insights for spiritual practices.
As I am often asked what I prepare for an astrology reading, I wrote an article on basic chart readings.
Remedies to alleviate us from karmic bondage are an integral part of Vedic astrology. The results of these remedies are highly influenced by the inner attitude of how we approach these ancient practices. For all those interested in conducting these remedies, I have shared an article about the subtle understanding behind them.
Enjoy the blog & services
~ Sadanand ~
|This commune explored several eclectic spiritual movements until it separated in a natural way after 18 years. I was 19 years old when that happened.
|Among all kind of other jobs, I worked in tourism as a tour guide on adventurous tours in Brazil, Africa and Mexico.
|The studies that I completed are Social Geography with a focus on development and environmental studies and Tourism.